At GoodUnited we have an internal mantra that we use to keep ourselves focused:
What would donors think?
We use this mantra as a way to ensure that we’re always doing what’s right for the donor. This relentless focus enables us to continuously improve the GoodUnited donor experience, on behalf of the non-profits we support.
As part of our product development process we regularly get feedback from donors. During our feedback sessions there were were several consistent themes:
- Design and user experience is incredibly important for donors to buy into using a new product
- Donors are more likely to engage with emails that have less content
- We need to do a better job of distinguishing GoodUnited from the non-profits we support
We couldn’t agree more. We’re working hard to make the product better every week.
Next week we’re launching a big update to our donor emails.
Some highlights include:
- bringing forward non-profit branding (and de-emphasizing GoodUnited branding)
- adding pictures to support the content
- cleaning up the overall design so that the content is easier to digest
- Reducing the amount of content in the emails
Here’s a sneak peek at the new digest template:
Digest Email Template
We have some BIG updates to announce soon! In the meantime, please keep sending feedback and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org